Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday to my Lucy!

Dear Lucy - Yesterday you turned 3! Daddy and I can't believe how fast time has gone! You are such a special treasure to us. You have changed so much this last year! You LOVE being a big sister to Bryan. You love to wrestle with him, make him laugh, and teaching him new things. You are frequently repeating the "house rules" to him and you love to make sure he is following them :) When Daddy or I ask you a question, you usually respond with "Sure!" or "Yep". Your new phrase has been "I have an idea"....and a pretty funny idea usually follows. You love your friends at the gym and at church. You have a huge imagination and like to pretend you are Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Jessie, Bullseye, Mulan or a doggy. You try to make Pancake play the dog or horse role in your make believe playing. You ask him to be Bullseye alot, or Pongo the dog. He is NOT fond of you trying to ride him. Either is B for that matter! This morning you told me how much fun you had at your birthday party last night! I love that you love your birthday! We love you, precious girl!


I posted these pictures backwards and didn't want to redo them, so please bare with me! Enjoy the photo's of Lucy's birthday!

This one is of all the activity at the end of the night. Everyone playing Lucy's new game from Uncle T!


Lucy was so excited to get this game! Ashlyn has this game already, and as soon as she opened it she ran over to Ashlyn's dad and asked him if she could play it. It was so sweet.



Bryan was just as excited for new toys, so there was a little power struggle during the gift opening.





New beach toys! Can't wait to use them with Uncle Matt and Aunt Mana this week!



See the special candles I bought? And the cake I made? Yes, I MADE that!



Uncle T is the best!



This is the cake that I made for Lucy's birthday this year. I was soooo excited how it turned out! My friend made one for her daughter this year, and introduced me to this website, where I got alot of great cake ideas!


Lucy is trying to say Cheese!



She is a Daddy's girl!


Lucy got a special delivery for her birthday. As soon as B saw a van pull up, he ran out and said "Hi" to the delivery guy.



Birthday balloons from Pita and Paw Paw! Lucy was a little confused by the delivery guy. She kept asking me who he was. I'm pretty sure she still thinks some random guy gave her balloons.




She's waving goodbye to her new friend that gave her the balloons. B has already stolen the balloons and claimed them for himself.



Opening her birthday cards! Pita and PawPaw's card had stickers!


And Grandma H's had $3! Jackpot!


She was very excited to get cards this year. Actually, everything was more exciting to her this year.




Bouncy ball gift from Daddy.



6 comments:

Uncle Matt said...

I am quite impressed by that cake!
I don't ever remember getting balloons sent to me on my birthday from mom and dad.....

Amanda said...

You are getting really good at this cake thing.....maybe you want to make another one this weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Kel you look so skinny!! Lu is getting tall and I can't believe she 3 so soon. Amazing. What a great party you had!!!

Unknown said...

WOW! AWESOME CAKE! I can't believe the time is going so quickly that Lucy is 3! An look at Bryan toddling around. What a beautiful, fun, loving family Lucy and Bryan get to grow up in!

Happy Birthday (again) Lucy!!!! Can't wait 'til you make a trip back up to Indiana to play on the farm!

Unknown said...

Ok, I checked out I am baker, and I am hooked! Loved her hydrangea cake too and many others. what a great find!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cake!! Looks like Lucy loved all her gifts.