Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Babies on the brain

I was doing my bible study time last night, and just reflecting on God as our heavenly father. I was thanking Him for this new life that is growing in me, and the fact that God knows us so intimately and cares for us in such amazing ways. My heart was led to think of all the children out there that do not have moms and dads to care about them, and my heart just goes out to them. I thank God that He is the father to the fatherless, and He is our provider, comforter and healer. I was praying for these children, and that God would provide earthly parents to them. I was reminded that some women cannot have their own children, and struggle with infertility for years. A lot of families I know are called to adoption, not because they can't have their own children, but because their hearts are lead to these orphans that are all around the world.

One couple that has been on my heart is my pastor and his wife. Jon and Christie struggled with infertility for many years before God blessed them with 2 boys. I woke up in the middle of the night just burdened for them, and knowing their desire to complete their family with a daughter from Vietnam. You can read their full story on Brandi's blog and also have a chance to help them bring their daughter home. Would you consider praying and see if God leads you to help? God calls us to take care of the orphans, and for many of us, this means adoption and welcoming them into our home. For others, this means praying and helping support others that are called to go. If you have been blessed financially, please consider making a donation on Brandi's blog for Jon and Christie. You can find their story on the right hand side of her blog page.

If you do not feel called to make a donation, please start praying for these orphans, and see what God would have you do. I feel so blessed that my child is entering this world with 2 parents that already love them, and an extended family that is excited to welcome this child into the world. I know there are many other children that will not experience this deep desire for them from their earthly parents, but I thank God that He continues to pursue them and has a deeper desire to know them.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Sweet friend. . .thank you for your sweet post. It is so amazing to me that God has his eyes on every one of these hurting children, even mine! That helps in the waiting and not knowing who is comforting him b/c God was His Father before Greg ever will be! I love your heart!

Love you,
Bran
PS I saw you but didn't get to talk last night!!!

christie said...

hey Kelly! How sweet to read your blog and hear about the amazing journey you are on. I am so excited for you guys and I can't believe you are already 11 weeks along! Thank you for praying for us too! God is amazing and has overwhelmed us with His blessings! Love, Christie