Last weekend we went to St. Louis to visit Mike and Sheba. We had such a great time! We flew in Friday night, and really started our weekend on Saturday morning. John is the best man for their wedding, and I was supposed to be a bridesmaid, but Peanut will be coming too soon to the wedding and I had to step down. Sheba and I had a lot to do in one weekend, but it was so fun, and I still felt a part of the wedding. We went to the wedding dress shop, and she tried on her dress, and we picked out a veil and head piece. She was just glowing, and is going to be a beautiful bride. We went to the mall with the guys and picked out their tuxes, then went to lunch at McGurks for the best burgers in the world.After that we went to the Arch and walked through the museum and little shops inside. We wanted to go to the top, but they were already sold out for the day. We both have been to the top, but the only time I went, one of my siblings screamed her head off the entire way to the top and I was hoping for a more positive experience this time. He, he.
The leaves were changing and we had a true fall experience. We walked through the leaves and let them crunch under our feet. I think John and I both had soup at every meal, and it was so nice to have the cool weather to compliment it. We also went to The Chocolate Bar, which was a fun experience.
After you are seated, they bring little chocolate chip cookies instead of bread. I ate my cookie, and John's, and ordered a white hot chocolate. It was so good. Then for dessert, I ordered a strawberry ice cream dish with a ton of whipped cream. That's my kind of restaurant!
After you are seated, they bring little chocolate chip cookies instead of bread. I ate my cookie, and John's, and ordered a white hot chocolate. It was so good. Then for dessert, I ordered a strawberry ice cream dish with a ton of whipped cream. That's my kind of restaurant!On Sunday we went to a bar called Fast Eddie's, where all of the food is still at it's original price since inception. John was very excited because they sell meat on a stick and there are no veggies or fruit on the menu. We met up with Scott and his girlfriend, their friends, and Tracy was in town from Colorado. It was fun seeing Tracy and Scott and hanging out for a while. Even though I was skeptical of the food, I had a great time . I enjoyed a hamburger and fries, and part of John's meat on a stick. Not too bad. Fast Eddie's is actually in Illinois, on the other side of the river, so on the way home, we took a ferry back across to St. Louis. It was so much fun! We drove through a little town that had antique stores everywhere, and we stopped and shopped and enjoyed some ice cream before we got on the ferry. I had never been on a ferry where you drive your car on. It was fun. The scenery was so pretty, and the weather was perfect. Mike and Sheba were the perfect hosts for the entire weekend!

2 comments:
Sounds like you had a great time and ate for both you and little peanut! So happy you got to be "part of the wedding". St. Louis would be a WONDERFUL place to live!! Love U!
I didn't even know you blogged too. How fun! I look forward to reading about you more often.
Post a Comment