We were blessed to have my entire family come down for Christmas this year! This is the first time they have all been here together, and it was a blast. We ate too much, talked too much, played a lot of games, stayed up too late, and laughed a lot. We also did some fun things in Orlando instead of a gift exchange this year. The night they came in we went to Pointe Orlando and the new Greek restaurant, Taverna Opa. It was a lot of fun! It's a very energetic dining experience. They throw napkins, and yell "OPA!" while dancing around the restaurant in a circle. Even my dad got up and danced!
On Saturday the girls went shopping with a mission to buy some maternity clothes. I had been blessed so far and at 22 weeks, was still wearing my normal clothes. When you've tried to hide your stomach your entire life, it seems weird to want to buy clothes that is going to show it off! We had so much fun shopping and picking out things. I stayed in the dressing room while my sister Brooke, my sister in law Amanda, and my mom brought me different styles, colors, and sizes. They basically made me try on everything whether I thought I would like it or not. After that, we went to Carter's, where Grandma Wanie
bought a few cute outfits for her new granddaughter. I loved all of the ruffles, pink outfits, tiny hair bows, socks, bibs....pretty much everything! I've been so disciplined and have not made any purchases yet, and after her aunts and grandma were here, I may not have to buy her any clothes at all! After all that shopping, we headed to TCBY for an ice cream before heading home for dinner. (Thank you John for making your famous pork chops!) We also went to the Cirque show - La Nouba that evening. I'm always amazed at the skilled performers and wonder why it looks so easy!Sunday we went to church, then home for our family Christmas day. Uncle Terry and Brian came over for snacks, games, and Christmas stockings from Santa, where everyone always gets a new toothbrush. Thanks Santa! Kevin got some fun gifts from everyone, and so did the baby. My mom also packed a lot of my childhood memories, and brought them with her. My first baby doll
made an appearance. She has lost some hair, and her hat needs fixed on one side, but besides that she looks just like I remember. My mom also brought my Raggedy Ann doll with her. When I was little, I left her outside and our dog chewed off her eye and I was so upset! My super mom performed surgery on her and sewed up her face, and added her eye back on. The things mom's will do for their daughters! I can't wait :) My mom also brought some special blankets and dolls that my grandmother made, and I can't wait to tell my daughter the stories and memories I have over each piece that was brought. It's fun to think about passing some of these things on and watching my own daughter make memories with them. Sunday ended with the guys playing cards, the girls talking about babies, and everyone going to a movie.
My parents rented a 7 passenger mini van, and we decided to stick 8 people in on the way to the movies, and dad got stuck sitting on the floor wedged between 2 bucket seats and couldn't get out when it was time, so we had to roll him out of the van. I know many of you would love to see a picture of this, but all evidence was destroyed already. Enjoy the mental picture!Monday, the coldest day in Orlando so far, was spent at Discovery Cove in the water! It was actually warmer in the water than outside, so we spent a good deal of time in the water. We swam with the sting rays and fish, floated down the lazy river with the water fall, fed the birds, and also met some dolphins and fed them. It was a great day. John had a cabana ready for us, and the awesome staff had put a heater in it, and kept it filled with hot coffee, hot cocoa, and a stocked refrigerator. We also got to meet the sloth. It was a great day that we ended with take out Chinese food at the house.
By Tuesday, I think everyone was exhausted! John went back to work, and I got to spend the last few hours with everyone before they left. We went out to breakfast and hung out at the house before everyone had to pack their stuff and head to the airport. It was sad to see everyone leave, but I'm so happy they were all able to come. I had a great time, and feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family!
4 comments:
What a fun weekend! Your family sounds like a blast. .I already know your mom is! Hey, another good thing about having a girl? Hand me downs! Gracie seriously has at least 2 wardrobes full! Kelly can use them soon and then just hand them straight to you. Then, when the girls are bigger and clothes last longer, you and Kelly can just split the clothes down the middle! I'll make sure everyone knows next week where all the stuff goes next!
Do you need an exersaucer? I have one if you want it. .
Love you! Thanks for 2 blogs in one weekend!
Brandi
Yes, it was the best Christmas ever! It was the best gift, having all my family together in the same house! The Mikolajczyks are great hosts! Can't wait to do this again! Love and miss you:)
I love your polka dots - glad your mom and the girls could talk you into trying on the cute stuff! :) Miss you!!
-Jennifer-
What a fun time with family! I love the polka dot shirt!! I hope that's one you bought. You are looking very cute in these maternity clothes now. My favorite part about being pregnant was that I didn't have to worry about what my stomach looked like in my clothes. It's supposed to look big and people love it!! You're too cute!
Post a Comment