Saturday, December 29, 2007

It's a Girl!

John and I went in last month for our 20 week ultrasound and everything looks great. Our baby is developing and we heard the heart beat again. The nurse asked us if we wanted to know the baby's gender, and I looked at John to see if we wanted to. He really wanted to know, and I wasn't so sure if I wanted to or not. We both really felt in our hearts that it was a boy, so we were expecting confirmation from the nurse. John tells her we would like to know, and she says "It's a girl!" We both just kept staring at the screen and not really sure what to think. She was pointing out all of these things on the screen, and talking a mile a minute, and I couldn't really tell what was what. I could make out the big things like a head or a foot, but I couldn't really tell what everything else was. After a few minutes, I asked her if she saw any boy parts in there. She calmly told me that there wouldn't be any boy parts, because it was a girl. I asked her if she was sure, and she said definitely. She told us about a family that she had seen earlier that had been calling their baby by a boy name for the last few weeks and they found out they are having a girl. I told her that was us too, because we both thought it was a boy, and had been calling her by a boy name. She reassured me it was a girl, but I'm still keeping the tags on most of her clothes until she gets here! Here is a picture of her tiny little foot. Isn't she cute?

3 comments:

Brandi said...

YEAH!!!! I'm so excited for you guys.. .now do you really have to have the "it is NOT going to be Anastasia Barcelona Mikolajczyk" conversation?!!!

Love you! Thanks for FINALLY updating your blog!

Bran

Anonymous said...

Yes, her feet are pretty. I think she will have skinny little feet just like her mommy.

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Don't worry. There are hardly ever false sonograms when they say it's a girl. That usually only happens when they say it's a boy. I am so excited for you!