Sunday, February 10, 2008

House Update

Here is our house before we started our "house project". We bought our house 5 years ago and thought we would move into a bigger house when it was time. Well, it's time, and instead of moving, we have decided to add on to our current home. The first two pictures are our house before we started the addition. We are converting the carport to a "man" room, which John and Kevin are excited to decorate and eat in whenever they want. I couldn't get a current picture of the front of the house, but will post one soon.
In the back, we are adding on a bedroom, and a storage closet. Our house doesn't have very much storage, so this is my closet for whatever I would like to put in it. I'm so excited to get more storage! The new bedroom is bigger than Kevin's current bedroom, so he is taking the new bedroom. He is thinking of a surfboard theme, and will move a lot of his current football decorations out to the man room.




Originally, we were hoping to have the house completed by the end of January. Due to paperwork delays, and the holidays, the target end date was moved right away to March 1st. Well, that's only 2 weeks away, and the contractor is thinking we may be a little later than that. I'm praying that it won't be too much longer! Here is where we currently are. Hopefully, it will move quickly once all of the framing gets up. Pray for us to be finished in plenty of time, and for extra patience these last 10 weeks. I can't believe how close we are getting!

5 comments:

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Let me just go ahead and say that you should not plan on this being done before the baby gets here. Construction has a knack for taking much longer than you think it will.

Brandi said...

Oh my!!! I'm so praying this will be done!

Hey girl. . way to blog! Keep em coming!

Love you!
Bran

Megan Miller said...

Awe Kel it looks great! I cant wait to see it! Oh and Matt and I have been talking about a honeymoon and we are thinking about just coming to florida, so I might get to see you sooner than we thought!

Anonymous said...

hope ou took pictures last night...sounds like a good blog opportunity ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kel,

You look GREAT! So, you're having girl!??! I saw "she" on one post. Girls are the best (I say that because we have two girls).

Congratulations, you are going to be a great new mommy! (you already are a great mom).

good luck with everything.
Love,
Michelle (High)