Hey Mom!
Dad and I are in for a big day today because it's Derby Day! Remember my first Derby Day last year with my flower dress and fancy derby hat?
Well, thinking back to last year and how much fun it was, I thought there is no way we could top that. Then, while we were watching the early morning coverage, the T.V. lady was talking about these Derby parties people have all over the place for the big race and how fancy they are. I knew I just had to throw one of these. So I asked Dad if I could and he said YES! So I immediately got on the horn and started to put together my guest list.
Now that the guest list was set I thought "I am the host of the party of the year, I gotta look good for this so what am I going to where? Those ladies on T.V. sure do look fancy for their Derby Party." So I started to go through my wardrobe to decide what outfit was going to be "The One"
I started with my dresser....
NOTHING.....So I went to the closet.....
But Dad said "No way, we were going to have the best party ever and that I was going to look great." So then he said "Get yourself packed up, were going shopping" and he wasn't kidding! Look at this new FANCY Derby hat and dress he got me....He is the BEST DAD ever!
I asked Dad what we should serve and he said tea sounded like a good idea. I thought so too, so we went and got a new tea set for the party and got it set up just in time as my first guest was just arriving. It was my BFF Ashlyn! She too was wearing a hat and spring dress. This is going to be so much fun I thought!
Now that Ashlyn is here we met up with Brutus and Talking Dog and got the party started.
Brutus was having a hard time so I had to help him out a few times.
We both LOVE tea parties!
It turned out to be GREAT race and a super long shot won it. Second biggest long shot in 135 years to that point too. He blew them away. I just love horse racing and told Dad I want to be a jockey when I grow up. He said I better start practicing now then. So I got right on it with my new horse I got on my birthday. I don't think dresses are meant to be worn while you ride.
Well Mom, I hope your are having as much fun in Miami as I am here. I am pooped out though and going to hit the sack. Can't wait to see you tomorrow, I miss you!
10 comments:
What a fun daddy daughter day!
my my my Lucy! Your daddy must have received an A+ in his creative writing class. It looks like you had a great time at your FIRST tea party and a fun time with your daddy! Another great posting by lucy.
G.U.T. (i know...what a great actonym)
Loved your Derby party story and pictures. Lucy is giving Ashlyn a chance to experience many new things. Learning the social skills for the Derby is very important. You never know when you will have to use them.
Grandpa and Nana Ashdown
K - You have outdone yourself this time! love you!
What a story! I am wore out after that long day of activities. Ur daddy is one agreeable guy. I would like to take him home because I am in need of a new wardrobe and I could go for the roses. Do you suppose he would say yes to me? Lucy you are adorable its no wonder he can't say no to such a sweetie.
Aunt Phyllis
You've done it again "super daddy"! Lucy is a very lucky little girl!
i loved this post! so funny! and she looked adorable in her new dress and hat at the tea party! :)
that is just the best! John deserves a lemon cake for that :) so precious.
That is the mosst sweeties thing I think I have seen in a long time. Lucy you are so lucky to have such a great Daddy he is the best. And what a great race that was, not sure bout you but I was on the edge of my seat. I also love the horse races. We hope to go see the thoroughbreds run down in Shelyville next weekend. Love G.A.L.
Oh my goodness, that is too cute!! John is the best daddy ever! What a big day that was! You all are so fun...thanks for sharing! Love, Christie
Post a Comment