Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Lucy's baby dedication

Better late than never! Here is the video of Lucy's baby dedication. At my church, instead of baptism, we do baby dedications. It's the parents chance to publicly announce that we are choosing to raise our child as a Christian, teach her about the bible and Jesus, and commit to praying for her. Some day we pray she'll make her own decision to follow Chirist, just like we have, and then she will be baptized.

Usually the parents do a slide show with a nice "Christian song" playing in the background. You'll notice in the video that John talked the band into playing the instrumental version of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. They did an amazing job! And it was the worship leader's birthday, and he was thrilled to play a Beatle's song on his birthday. It was fun, and even Pastor Jon joked about allowing the song for a baby dedication.

And - I have to publicy correct anyone that gave me credit for Derby weekend tea party fun. I was out of town with my girlfriends that weekend, and it was 100% John. He is an awesome dad and husband!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So so special. I started crying the minte I saw her in her hat and scarf. :) She is a very special and very loved little girl.

melmac said...

thanks for posting this Kelly. She is so precious. I felt like I was there :)
On a side note: John cracks me up. What an awesome dad!

Kelly said...

So glad you used that song! I knew you would!! :o)