Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Gentle Birthday Reminder

I just wanted to "gently" remind everyone that tomorrow starts the first official day of my birthday. My actual birthday is July 5th, but I always start celebrating on the 1st....and usually end on the 6th, so my sister can start her birthday on the 7th (actual birthday is the 9th).

Every year I hold a birthday competition where I award my brother, sister, and parents points for birthday wishes, cards, presents, and of course the most original birthday surprise. If anyone wants to be included in the competition, please forward your application for consideration to my attention. Remember - originality wins more points. And next week I'll be asking for your help to get points for Brooke's birthday.


I didn't want to disappoint my Lucy crowd, so here is a picture of her eating a block of cheese that her daddy gave her. She put a pretty good dent in it. Gross.

I'm signing off for the week. John told me he and Lucy will be doing the rest of the posts this week....I'm so excited! Happy Birthday to Me!

13 comments:

Valarie Daly said...

you are so funny!! I'm so glad that we are friends. Well have a great start to your bday week!! Love Ya! If getting together this weekend messes up the "Birthday Girls" surprises, then we can make it the following weekend! Just let me know!

Anonymous said...

You can not start celebrating until July 2. Its 3 days before, not 4! And Brooke can't start until July 6. But happy birthday early anyway:)

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Happy Birthday Kel!

Largaespada Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Largaespada Family said...

H B K
A I E
P R L
P T L
Y H Y
* D !
* A !
* Y !
Here's to Day 1!!!!!!

Matt said...

Everyone knows that you can't start celebrating until 3 days before. Just for trying to squeeze that extra day out of it, I might just delay any birthday wishes until the 3rd. (I understand this will affect my point total, but I'm making a statement.)

Mmmmmmm.....cheeeeeeeeeesssseee

Anonymous said...

Here's to a great birthday week!!
PS I think there are some people worthy of points out on Facebook (so creative!).

Anonymous said...

I'm not even going to justify this with a funny comment. This is all lies. 3 days max. You are trying to encroach on MY bday with this scheme of extra days. Scandalous!!

brooke said...

Happy Birthday to us... there must be something about having a birthday on the 5th and thinking the whole July 4th holiday is all about us :-) At least, that is what I thought as a kid.

Have a wonderful birthday week!

Matt said...

I think I might give Brooke the extra day that I am taking away from you. Just out of principle.

Kelly said...

I just want to say for the record that my family is being RIDICULOUS and so far they all have negative points....except for dad who hasn't scored any yet. My birthday, my rules.

Kelly said...

You are too cute!!! Happy birthday all week long!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a happy birthday Kelly!! You are so funny!! I love your birthday traditions too...so fun! Love, Christie