Saturday, July 4, 2009

Birthdays are hard work!

So Dad and I have been working hard today getting ready for Mom's big day. Now I remember all the cool stuff that I had during my B-Day and thought I should return the favor. So we set out to Publix for our Saturday morning routine and made it ALL about Mom.

The first place we go to is the card section. BOP!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! Do you see all these things? It took me forever to find just the right one. :(
So the next thing Dad said we need to get was stuff to make Mom her very own cake. Now normally I am an optimist, but BOP! BOP! COME ON! I think I am starting to see why Mom and Kevin HATE goint to the store with Dad. To many choices....

Wait a minute, with all these cake choices, I know exactly who I should ask about these cakes and what I need to get and how to make it...Joan! Not only did she tell me how to make it, she gave me a huge cookie! I love her :)

Have you ever tried to mix a cake with a spoon? This is carzy hard work and it seems like it never does anything. Dad kept saying NO LUMPS! ....BOP!Mom better like this thing.

So I said...get me the right tools to do the job right.
One thing I did learn in all of this is that hard work is paid off with sweet rewards.

Maybe one more taste...MMMMMMM


Well, I'll see you peeps later, got to get ready for Moms birthday party.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!! Happy Birthday Kel!
-Deanna

Kelly said...

There's a lot of BOPS (baby curse words) in this post Lucy! Thanks for making my birthday so special!!!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday sister!!
I hope you enjoy your german chocolate cake (or at least thats what your fav used to be)if there was any left. Looks like Lucy ate a good portion on it. :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEL!! Lucy sure knows how to get ready for birthdays. I'm sure the cake is delicious! Have a great day! Love you:)

Megan Miller said...

Happy Birthday Kel, we love and you and hope lucy made you an awesome cake!!

Kelly said...

That is too funny!! :o)

Valarie Daly said...

This is too funny!! I love it when Lucy blogs, I think she needs to start her own column in a magazine.

BFF (not so much anymore) Jenn said...

Oh my goodness. I love you guys.

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

So cute! Happy Birthday Kel!

Holly said...

Such an adorable post! Lucy is the cutest, and I love her grocery store trips. What a grown up girl picking out cards and birthday treats for Mommy. I hope you had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

With all the cuteness I forgot to compliment Lucy's July 4th outfit- Awesome sandals!!