Saturday, April 19, 2008

More about Lucy!

Brandi has been such a superstar updating our blog for us, and I thought I would give her a break and add a few words of my own. She gets all of the credit for adding Lucy's theme song. You made John's day!

I'm a mommy! Lucy is beautiful, and she has melted our hearts! We have been so blessed to have so many friends and family leave comments and love on our daughter. Grandma Wanie bought her first hair bow, so we'll show it off below!

Love you all! John, Kelly, Kevin, and Lucy



















Megan and her mom were the first visitors today, and they brought chocolate cake and Izze drinks. Megan knows me so well, she didn't even see Brandi's "subtle" message about the cake, she just knew what I needed!




























Big brother Kevin came today for his first visit, and Grandma Mary Ann came too. She loves Kevin!



Lauren came, and even offered to spend the night with me, but Grandma Wanie wasn't ready to give up her post yet. Lauren will get another sleep over chance!



Daddy and Lucy "hanging out"



Terry and Jean came with beautiful flowers and only got to hold her for a few minutes before she had to get her medicine.









And finally, Grandma Wanie! She has been such a trooper. She's changed all of the diapers, and has hardly rested.




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you Kelly, John and Kevin!!! I am so proud of you Kelly....she is absolutely a DIAMOND!!!! I'm so happy that you BOTH picked LUCY SKY. I am dying to hold her and know that I will have to patiently wait my turn. Betsy is coming to town on 4/30 and would love to stop by and meet beautiful LUCY!!! Please count me in on babysitting,,,,you know how important time with your spouse is :-) so I am asking that you allow me to offer up my babysitting services!!!Please feel free to call when your up for visitors.....We love you guys and are rejoicing with you in this very special blessing! Love, Valarie and Dan

Megan Miller said...

Awe! Wanine and her new little grand daughter! So awesome! Kel she looks just like you especially in the picture of the two of you!

Anonymous said...

I agree that she looks like her mommy! Great job you guys, she is beautiful. Matt and I wish we could be there to experience all of this but we will see you very soon!

Love
Aunt Manna

Anonymous said...

SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL, KEL!!!! I am so excited for you guys. I've been waiting for Brooke's email and couldn't wait to see pictures. I can't wait to see her when she is able to travel to Indiana. You look amazing and so happy. Being a mom is the best and hardest thing in the world and I love it, and I know you will have so much fun. Can't wait to meet Lucy and see you and John too.
Love, Renee' and Tony

Peg Ponto said...

Oh, what blessing, Lucy Sky is born!! The joy seen in all pictures is so wonderful! Kevin has grown so much & looks very proud to be a big brother. I can't wait to take a trip very soon with the new grand ma-ma from Indiana. I am sure the excursion will take us south!! I am hoping to join the Grandparent Club sometime soon, too. But for now I am content to be a Mamaw wan-a-be! I am patiently waiting. LOL!! Lucy Sky, I can't wait to meet you. Grow in peace & harmony with your dear parents & family. Sending our love to you all. Give Lucy a kiss from me & a hug for Wanie.

With much love & blessings,

Peg

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet Lucy - she's gorgeous! I will for sure be seeing you soon! :) I love you Kel, I'm SOOOO Proud - you're amazing and I can't wait to see you and Lucy!!

Love - Jennifer :)

Brandi said...

Oh! I LOVE the pics of Kevin and Lucy! He's such a handsome boy with such a beautiful little sis!

Love you guys. .I miss you already! Great job updating your blog. . even uploading pics! I'm so impressed!

Love you,
Bran

Anonymous said...

What a great picture. Wanda you couldn't look happier. I love this picture. I know you are such a great help to Kelly and John. Take care of them and make sure you give all of them a hug and kiss from me. Kathie

Jan said...

Kelly, What a gorgeous baby! She is so precious. Congratulations to all of you. I heard and read about what a great job you did with the delivery. I knew you would!!!
Love, Jan McElheny

Anonymous said...

Oh John and Kelly congatulations!! I was so excited to hear the news and am so bummed I am out of town so haven't been able to come visit. Lucy is so beautiful and so are you momma! It sounds like you were amazing! Way to go Kelly!! I can't wait to meet her and hold her!! We are so excited. We love you and will see you soon!! Love, Christie