Cody, Uncle Matt, and Lucy. Lucy loves dogs, and I'm so glad Cody didn't think she was a dog treat :)
This picture is actually priceless to me. This year we decided not to exchange gifts with my family. This basically means that the kids (Lucy and Kev) get gifts, and Brooke, Matt and I (& spouses) will open stockings and maybe 1 other thing from my mom and dad, and we'll get gifts for mom and dad and that's it. My mom works really hard at keeping everything "even" between the 3 of us, even though I'm clearly the favorite. So...I arrived at my mom and dads the day before everyone else, so I decided to wrap a few extra things for myself. I was having so much fun that I actually wrapped 10 extra things, and decided to give 5 to Brooke, 5 to me, and none to Matt. They basically were things from my mom's house...a holiday pillow, a candle, Santa spoon rest, etc. So, Matt opens his one gift and Brooke and I have this pile of gifts left. We just keep unwrapping and I keep commenting how many gifts we were getting and asking Matt where his were. He really didn't care until I opened the last box. It was a box to me from Santa, and when I opened it, it was a box full of money. $110 to be exact. It was soooo funny for me! Matt has this look on his face and asks me to double check under the tree to see if he and Brooke have boxes that same size that might have money in it. I tell him that there are no more gifts, and I just keep thanking Santa. Check out Matt and Amanda's expression. Amanda is looking at me, and Matt is looking at mom. Priceless!
5 comments:
That was AWESOME!!!! Totally something we would do in our family. Completely hilarious! Love you and can't wait for cute Lucy pics!
Bran
Yes you were quite the sneaker on that one! But it was fun memory we will have forever now.
I love that!! Very well played :)
I knew it was you, it is so something you would do. I love ya and again that is the best because clearly you are the favorite.
That was great Kel. Mr Tight look like WOW that not even fair. It is always good to get one over on our brothers, Love Aunt Lori
Post a Comment