When I was taking out my recyclables this morning, I smelled something similar to cow poo. (I was raised on a farm...so I know my poo smells) It seemed like it was coming from the trash can, so I peeked my head over the top. There were 2 possums in there!!! One of them hissed at me, so I got out of there.
I emailed my sweet hubby to see what to do, and he said to dump the trash can over and run. I thought I would wait for the girls to get here for lunch so I didn't have to face the hissing possums by myself. After lunch, Wolfgang came over to pick up Lola, so we decided to make him do the dirty work. He scooted the trash can to the edge of the patio, and used the shovel to dump it. Lola, Sassafrass, Lucy and me were all watching from the back door, and Wolfgang was dancing around w/the shovel like he was Rocky. Looking back...I should have grabbed my camera for that! Anyways...he dumps the can over, and only 1 runs out, and its all bloody. We're pretty sure the other one is dead, but no one wants to stick their head in and check. It was decided that I would call animal control and ask them to come get the dead animal. (I realize those of you reading this up north are laughing and talking about using your shot guns right now, but remember that I live in the city!)
4 comments:
I can't help but laugh. Especially the part of you 'tipping the trash can over and run away.' You read my mind about the shot guns. You mean they actually have people you can call in the city to come get the critters? WHOA.
(why aren't there any pictures of Lucy with the possum?)
~Matt
I almost peed myself laughing. You KNOW possums play dead!!! Dad will just shake his head when he reads this post.
Gross!! The moral of this story is to keep your trashcans in the garage!
hahahaha! that's all i have to say. (you city person)
Post a Comment