Saturday, April 25, 2009

Great American Pie Festival!

Mom and Dad! Fake Aunt Lauren and fake Aunt Jenn sure were right about my fun surprise!! Look at all the cool celebrities I got to meet!!
We got to go to an all you can eat pie buffet where we found a table in the shade near a palyground with lots of fun kids to watch while the girls let me try any kind of pie I wanted to. They just kept bringing them back to the table and I got to pick whatever I wanted!!

I tried strawberry rhubarb just for you Dad, I think it's an acquired taste.

After we couldn't eat anymore pie but BEFORE the crazy lady sat at our table uninvited and started talking like we were old friends - fake Aunt Jenn took me to swing on the playground. This swing takes a little more work than the one Uncle T bought for me at home since I have to hold my own neck, but it was super fun!



I love Pie!!


On the way into the festival there was a huge fountain that all the big kids got to play in. The girls promised to bring me back as soon as I can walk, it looks SO fun! I've been trying extra hard to get that walking thing down so I can play in the fountain!!
Today was so much fun! Sorry if the pictures aren't as good of quality as you're used to, my fake aunts forgot the digital camera and we had to use one of those weird disposable cameras from the old days (it was so embarassing).
Mom and Dad - I can't wait to see you tomorrow. I hope you're having fun, but I sure do miss you! I love you!
Love,
Lucy
xo

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Lucy - I'm glad you are having such a good time! I can't wait to see you! Be nice to your fake aunts today. :)

Love you,
Mommy

Anonymous said...

What a fun couple of days Lucy had with the fake aunts! I can't wait to come visit soon!

Anonymous said...

Did the fake aunts bring home a rhubarb pie for John? All you girls are having so much fun!

BFF Jenn said...

They didn't have any of John or Carl's favorite pies for sale! :( We tried!