Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dancing Queens

*this post contains some slight exaggerations and may not appeal to all audience members

**all names have been changed to protect the recently famous




Left to right: Enrique, me, Lola, and Wolfgang


Last night I was invited to go to a Sing Along version of Mamma Mia. For those of you who have never been (don't feel bad...it was my first time) a sing along is where you watch the actual movie and the words to the songs play across the bottom of the screen and you sing along. This particular viewing was being filmed to use as promotional material across the nation, and they encouraged us to be loud and have fun with it.




Well, that's all we needed to hear for us to sing at the top of our lungs and dance in the aisles. The film crew was quite taken with our group, as Lola and Wolfgang had quite a few dance moves that no one had seen before (and probably shouldn't see again) and Enrique and I can sing like no one's business. The event was quite enjoyable, and I'm expecting to have our fans in other states see us on the promotional material.




After the event, the film crew was interviewing guests from the audience....and of course they wanted to talk to Lola and Wolfgang. After spending a few minutes explaining their dance moves, we pried them away from the cameras and headed over to TARBU coffee for a cup of joe. We stayed until the wee hours of the morning sharing our lives and the fun adventures we have had. Lola and Wolfgang spoke of simpler times when they lived in Italy and were mushrooms hunters on the search for the exotic truffle mushroom. When they weren't mushroom hunting, they were walking the country side, feeding each other grapes, cheese and bread and chatting about the Italian food pyramid. Enrique, having never visited Italy, thought it sounded like a nice idea to have someone feed him grapes and is considering moving there. I suggested he could open a TARBU coffee on every corner.




Well, that pretty much sums up the evening. Thanks Enrique, Lola, and Wolfgang for an enjoyable night out. Sing along movie = FUN!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...i am crying!!!! I did have a good time. Enrique

Largaespada Family said...

Oh, how fun!!!! I'm jealous!!! I've never heard of a sing-a-long like that before. Glad you had a great time!

Love,
Jaime

Anonymous said...

I know there are more stories than you are letting on. Spill it!! I bet Enrique sang himself into a stuppor. HOW FUN!! Everyone needs a night out like this.
(ps - figured out google reader... NICE!)

Kelly said...

I saw this advertised on tv last night and thought to myself, who would go see a sing along and sing in a movie theater? I guess the who is you!! Sounds like fun!

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

It's a good thing you changed the names. I will never be able to crack that code!! I don't think I've ever seen that side of those crazy kids! :)

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Ward Cleever,

I thought I would remind you about one of the most fascinating facts about the truffle mushroom hunting...they actually grow underground so it takes a specially trained pig in order to find them. I believe they have begun to train dogs to do this task as well. I had to google it because I thought Wolfgang may have 1 too many cups of "coffee" from TARBU!

~Enrique